Thursday, July 3, 2008

So much for the Transition period

This would seem to be the time to be blogging like a crazy person, yet I have not written here for over a month. With so much going on, I am generally a bit to frazzeled to put finger to keyboard. Well, enough of the excuses...

So much for the transition period indeed... I remember Dr. B said that the summer might be tough for me. I would be transitioning out of academics, into unknown, with periods of inactivity. Blessed be this inactivity...

After a two month vacation, including time in France with E and all of my old High School friends, I am off to Serbia for the next 6 months. An amazing opportunity presented itself rather suddenly, and gave me a total of 4 weeks to pack my bags, sell everything, and get on a plane. Buy the ticket, take the ride, a la Thompson. So with my soccer boots over my shoulder, a few suitcases, and a tender heart, I'm leaving Maine on July 15th.

With that, and the fact that I completed my Thesis (with high marks!!), this blog will transition into a travelogue of my future adventures. I'll still be seeking out soccer games, and the office where I work is only one block from the Partizan Stadium, so soccer will still feature.

This is an amazing feeling. But its positive and its painful. I leave much behind, many people and memories with deep emotional connections. And I leave behind a beautiful state. but so it is.

No comments: