Saturday, April 18, 2009

Returning home, wherever that may be

I am back in Frankfurt, chez mon Frere. I am tired, slightly smelly from all the traveling over the last 48 hrs, and glad to have had the family time, but also glad it is behind me for now. It was great to also see friends, climb a few mountains, and drink a few Weissbier. While I cannot see myself settling in Germany, I am forever connected to the Bavarian soil. Ich bin in der Welt Zuhause, aber in Bayern da Heim.

In a few days I make a quiet return to the US of A. It will be refreshing to see Obama's mug greeting me, rather than G. W.'s, which is the face that has represented the US since 2001. Let's see what this trip brings...

I certainly hope it is the last international move for a long while. Time to make something happen.

No comments: